Now that Summer is here and we have a lot of time, I’m sure you want to improve or start working on your cooking skills! If you want to make something that is easy and quick to create, here are some food recipes that I’d like to share with you 🙂
- 2-3 grated cucumbers
- 1 ½ cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint and/or dill
- Lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
5 Steps for making the tzatziki:
- After grating the cucumber and garlic together, put some salt on it and let the liquid get out for 10 minutes
- Put in one bowl the grated vegetables with 1 ½ cup of Greek yoghurt and 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- Mix the ingredients together
- After it stands for 5 minutes, add 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
- Ready to serve!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 1 box of tomato puree/juice
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- Feta cheese
7 steps for making Shakshuka:
- Put the olive oil in a pan until it is heated
- Add the diced onion and garlic and let it fry until you see it has some colour
- Add chopped carrots and bell pepper, cover the pan and let it fry the vegetables until they become soft
- Add one box of tomato sauce or puree and season it with salt, black pepper, and chilli powder. Cover the pan and let the sauce absorb the seasoning on low fire for 5-10 minutes.
- After the sauce is heated, add 6 eggs one by one and some chopped feta cheese
- Cover the pan again and let it sit on low fire between 10-15 minutes
- Take off the cover and you are ready to eat 🙂
Biscuit cake recipe:
- 500 grams of white cheese 9% fat
- 1 cup sour cream 15% fat
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons high-quality vanilla extract
- 1 container double cream 38% 250 ml
- 1 pack of instant vanilla pudding powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 500 grams of plain biscuits “petit beurre” or chocolate flavoured
- 1 cup milk for dipping the biscuits
- 50 g of milk or dark chocolate grated
10 steps for making a biscuit cake:
- Prepare a rectangular pan size 33 * 23 cm or something similar.
- In a mixer bowl, whip together milk, double cream, instant vanilla pudding powder and a half a cup of sugar to a firm peak. Start with low speed, and when thickening, increase speed.
- In a separate bowl, mix white cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat together until the sugar dissolves.
- Combine the cheese mixture with the whipped cream mixture gently and with folding movements, so we won’t lose air.
- Put a glass of milk in a flat bowl. Dip a biscuit in milk for a few seconds and place in the pan. When the bottom of the pan is covered with biscuits, transfer one-third of the cheese mixture to the pan, on top of the biscuits and level it straight.
- Sprinkle over 1/3 of the grated chocolate.
- Repeat it two more times. We need to get three layers of biscuits and three layers of cheese and grated chocolate in between.
- With a zigzag scraping card, which is sold in speciality shops for baking or on the Internet, you can give the cake a look of stripes as in the picture. And only then sprinkle the last third of the grated chocolate.
- Cool the cake in the fridge for at least a few hours or overnight.
- Slice with a smooth, clean knife, and eat
Would you like to share your recipes with the community, or learn about recipes from others? Have a look at our forum!